ALL ANGLING IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND SAC RESERVE THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW FISHING RIGHTS IF ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS OR CIRCUMSTANCES DEMAND IT WITHOUT RECOURSE TO ANY REFUNDS
- The close season as fixed by Law applies via March 15th to June 16 inclusive. Anyone found fishing during the closed season WILL be reported to the Environment Agency.
- All Members must carry a valid Environment Agency National Rod Licence when fishing or preparing to fish the Club Waters. Anyone NOT in possession of a valid permit WILL be asked to leave the waters AND maybe reported to EA and even the Police. This includes juniors under age 16.
- Anyone fishing the Club Waters must carry their membership card purchased in advance. SAC Club Membership at £30. Anyone NOT in possession of a Membership Card or refusing to purchase a Club Membership Card WILL be asked to leave the water AND maybe reported to Police for further action taken and by the Club Committee.
- Juniors under age 16 may fish free but must fish on the same swim as a fully paid up member. Maximum of 1 junior per member and maximum of 3 rods jointly. At ALL other times it is a maximum of 2 rods per angler.
- Rods MUST NOT be left unattended at ANY TIME not sitting or resting metres away.
- If sleeping, rods MUST be wound in.
- Night fishing is allowed for one night only on Preston Boats and Shelton with bivvies allowed for shelter but not bedchairs.
- Also, respect given to local people and within noise and torches especially to their homes in the night. Upto 5 nights are allowed on Pimley Manor.
- Do not leave ANY litter of any kind!!
- ALL Members are expected to check their cards AND EA Rod Licences of fellow angler’s and to ask anyone NOT in possession of valid permits or Licences to leave the waters. If the individual refuses, the Secretary, Chris Wood – 07792867732) or another Official of the Club is to be contacted immediately to allow further action to be taken which may included calling out the Police.
- Any Member, finding another Member breaking the Club’s rules, must first ask to see his card, when in possession of this, the offending Member is to be asked to leave the water. The card is to be sent to the Secretary (Chris Wood) as soon as possible together with an explanation for disciplinary actions to be considered.
- Any Member, causing vandalism, defacing or removing notices or signs, leaving rubbish, litter, or line, or lighting fires WILL be banned for period of no less than 12 months. (Fully Supervised bonfires may be used by work parties to dispose of grass cuttings, tree trimmings and the like provide they cause no discomfort or nuisance to anyone nearby.)
- Any Member being violent, aggressive, or using threatening behaviour or language to another angler, Water Keeper or Club Official WILL BE BANNED FOR LIFE.
- Any Member causing any other disturbance or nuisance to other anglers or water users will be reported to the Committee for disciplinary action.
- Other than the matches, the use of keep nets is not permitted for anything other than ”silver fish” i.e – Dace, Roach, Gudgeon etc….
- Unhooking mats MUST be carried and used for barbel, chub, bream and pike.
- ALL rigs must be either free running or must be safety rigs. Anyone found to be using ‘death’ rigs WILL be BANNED FOR LIFE. A “death” rig being a rig with a fixed lead that isn’t easily dropped in the event of a fish being lost.
- Wading is allowed but it is incumbent upon the angler concerned to ensure their own safety at all times and be considerate of other anglers.
- ALL fish caught MUST be returned safely in the Club waters. The removal of ANY fish without prior permission from the Committee is NOT ALLOWED.
- Prince Albert Members have the right to fish our bank of the Preston Boats stretch for Salmon only and may request that you remove your lines from the water whilst they make a maximum of three casts
- ALL Members are expected to abide by any reasonable request made to them by a Club Water Keeper or other Official.
- Parking at Preston Boats – Park ONLY on the allowed areas (Not on fields or crops) and be considerable to others in when Parking. Driving down to the water is NOT permitted EXCEPT in the case of a life threatening emergency or emergency services.
- Driving along the bank at Pimley Manor is NOT ALLOWED except for permitted vehicles for work parties and emergencies
- Digging of any platform is NOT ALLOWED except during organised work parties or by prior authorisation from Head of Work Parties or Head Bailiff. ANY member found to have done so will have their fishing rights terminated.
- (please note that maintenence of steps and overgrowth is encouraged but please check with the aforementioned people).
LORDS POOL RULES.
- 7am till dusk only.
- No fires, bbq’s, loud radios or other anti-social behaviour.
- Maximum 2 rods.
- Maximum of 10 anglers (except organised matches and events). Anglers must prebook by private message or text to Club Secretary. Common sense please regarding lines.
- Fishing from marked pegs only.
- Barbless or micro-barbed hooks only.
- No fish over 5lb to be retained in keepnets apart from matches or organised events.
- Sensible parking at the house, not in the field.
- ALL landing nets, keep nets, unhooking mats etc MUST be dry upon arrival. Dipping of nets has been proven to be ineffective. Ideally nets etc will have been dried in direct sunlight.
- NO MEMBER is to reveal the location to anyone including other members without prior authority. We want to safeguard our angling.
- Any member wishing to fish not knowing the location will be given it by Club Secretary at the time of booking on request.
NO FILMING OF ANY KIND WITHOUT PRIOR AUTHORISATION.
PHOTOGRAPHS MAY NOT BE SHARED ON ANY MEDIA NAMING THE VENUE EXCEPT OUR MEMBERS FORUM.
PLEASE REMEMBER –
The rules are for the benefit of Members and are not meant to inconvenience them in any way. It will help all concerned if members not only stick to the rules themselves, but see that others do also. The renting of suitable waters is becoming increasingly difficult to obtain each year. It will greatly help your Committee in the search for new waters if the utmost consideration is given to the landowners and farmers of the waters fished at present. Please at all times, observe the Country Code in respect of gates and crops etc… and of course leave NO LITTER.
The Shrewsbury Angler’s Club also has a social media Policy regarding abusive, offensive or racial hatred to towards both Committee Members or Club Members online and other Angling Clubs or Federations especially within the Local Area. Our Online Social Media is monitored daily by SAC Admin, when any such thing above is seen, it will be screen shot as evidence and removed as soon as possible. Then the correct and professional route of action will be taken, both within the Committee and The Police.
Any unfounded or slanderous comments made towards The SAC or Committee Members will be investigated by the Club then forward the evidence provided to the Police and possible Legal Action.
PLEASE REMEMBER YOU MUST HAVE YOUR E.A LICENCE AND CLUB PERMIT ON YOU TO FISH SAC CLUB WATERS AND PRODUCE TO ANY OTHER MEMBER UPON REQUEST AND PRODUCTION OF THER PERMITS AND LICENCE.