Lords Pool is a still water situated to the South of Shrewsbury. A deal with the owner to rent the pool to to the club was struck in the summer of 2019. Since then the club has organised many work parties to clear the pool of thick weed and open up the pegs.
Fishing is open to all members from 1st January 2020. The number of anglers on the pool at any one time is restricted. Therefore, members must contact the club to book on, prior to fishing, so that numbers can be limited. The exact location is provided to members when they book on.
Many species inhabit the pool, including: Common, Mirror, Ghost and Koi Carp into double figures. Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd and Perch.
Special rules apply on Lords Pool.
- Fishing from 7am till dusk only.
- No fires, bbq’s, loud radios or other anti-social behaviour.
- Maximum 2 rods.
- Maximum of 10 anglers (except organised matches and events). Anglers must prebook by private message or text to Club Secretary. Common sense please regarding lines.
- Fishing from marked pegs only.
- Barbless or micro-barbed hooks only.
- No fish over 5lb to be retained in keepnets apart from matches or organised events.
- Sensible parking at the house, not in the field.
- ALL landing nets, keep nets, unhooking mats etc MUST be dry upon arrival. Dipping of nets has been proven to be ineffective. Ideally nets etc will have been dried in direct sunlight.
- NO MEMBER is to reveal the location to anyone including other members without prior authority. We want to safeguard our angling.
- Any member wishing to fish not knowing the location will be given it by Club Secretary at the time of booking on request.
- It goes without saying that all members will at all times be polite and courteous to the owners and adhere to any instructions given to them.