The SAC AGM was held at the Coracle Inn, Shrewsbury on Saturday November 2nd at 7:30pm
- Committee remains unchanged for another 2 years.
- Accounts were read and approved and we have money in the bank. Accounts are available for any member who wants to see them.
- Membership has increased steadily over 3 years to 166 in 2019.
- No change to rules regarding juniors.
- In addition to the existing river stretches at Preston Boats, Pimley Manor and Shelton, the club has taken on a pool nr Acton Burnell which provides mixed fishing and is an ideal venue for taking youngsters. (more later).
- The committee were also delighted to announce that we have taken on another stretch of the river, namely the Perkins section from behind the Coracle upsteam under Telford Way to 400 yards below Sydney Avenue. (map including parking locations will be posted on here and on website later).
- Both venues require work but are great additions to the club portfolio.
- Membership limit is to be increased to 220 with a proviso to increase once numbers on the bank have been monitored. This effectively means that we don’t have a waiting list.
- Joining fee abolished.
- Membership fees increased by majority vote to £30. (first increase for 3 years).
- Membership renewals will be available from 1st December. New members will be able to join from 1st December but fishing rights will not start until 1st January.
- Dale Dulson is going to be Head of Work Parties in a none-executive position. He will arrange, organise and post about all work parties.
- Anyone attending 4 wp’s will receive £5 discount off membership.
- £10 discount for 5 wp’s.
- At committee discretion, certain individuals who have attended nearly every work party will receive free membership.
- Anyone attending 3 wp’s will be able to take a guest by prior arrangement with Head Bailiff for the day.
- Additional rules for pool.
# No braided hooklinks
# Barbless or micro barbed hooks only.
# Apart from matches, NO FISH OVER 5lb to be retained in keep nets.
# NO fires or bbq’s apart from organised events.
# All anglers must prebook via messenger or text to Secretary.
# Maximum of 10 anglers.
# 7am till dusk (parking at house. Please be respectful and quiet)
# No passing on location of the pool even tk other members. This is to safeguard YOUR fishing.
- Additional rules for river.
# NO DIGGING OF PLATFORMS, STEPS ETC WITHOUT PRIOR AGREEMENT WITH HEAD BAILIFF OR HEAD OF WORK PARTIES. THIS INCLUDES SPACES FOR BIVVIES.
(Bank tidying of overgrown pegs and tidying of EXISTING steps only is allowed)
# Rods must be within 2 metres of angler.
# Baited rods MUST BE ATTENDED AT ALL TIMES. IF YOU NEED TO SLEEP, RODS MUST BE REELED IN NOT ON BITE ALARMS.
- Remember, 2 rods maximum and NO bedchairs on PB.
ANYONE FOUND IN BREACH OF ANY CLUB RULES WILL HAVE FISHING RIGHTS TERMINATED WITHOUT RECOURSE TO REFUND OF FEES.
- Club branded clothing i.e. Hoodies, polo shirts, caps etc have been requested. These will be sourced and details posted on a future post.
- As we now have more water, we are looking for volunteer water keepers (bailiffs). Anyone interested please contact Dave Thorpe. Training of VBS methods can be given.
- Members are reminded, if you see someone fishing that you don’t know is a member, ask for their permit and rod licence. If in doubt contact Dave or a committee member for advice.
- This is important after 1st January as not everyone will have renewed. Remember, you have paid for the rights to fish. Anyone else is stealing!!
- Finally we had the auction. £291 was raised on the night which in addition to the online auction gives a total just under £500. Superb result and increases our ability to purchase needed equipment etc.
All in all a great evening with an excellent attendance.